PoP Training Report
PoP is based on a solid foundation, which is the Attitude and Behaviour Change (ABC) for the development workers. Some tools and exercises used in PoP help staff check and improve on their interaction with communities....
International Day of Peace
A sporty and fun Day Indeed for Children!
Fantastic, exceptional, Colourful and Experiential; these are some of the words that can be used to best describe the zeal and zest exhibited by children at this year’s International Day of the Peace celebrations
Annual Sopa Report 2012 - 2013
SOPA International started implementing peace education activities from its Nairobi office in Lucky Summer estate neighbouring Korogocho Slums. Specific project areas are those sites where rate and occurrence of violence within the neighborhood is high and children, youth and women are most affected. There are current activities in Korogocho, Mathare, Kibera and Kariobangi in Nairobi; Kilifi, Mombasa, Thika, Homabay, Trans Nzoia, Kitale and Mount Elgon areas; Uasin gishu, Burnt forest and Molo areas including Kuresoi; Siaya, Migori, Kisumu and Kisii areas and the greater Pokot/Turkana regions. Local partnerships include CBOs, NGOs, Faith based organisations and Government structures.
SPORTS AND PLAY FOR CHILDREN’S EDUCATION IN CONFLICT AFFECTED SETTING
The sports and play for children in conflict affected setting program started in March 2013 with Right To Play (RTP) in collaboration with Seeds Of Peace Africa (SOPA) conducting series of trainings on Team Up between April and may 2013 in Lokichogio, Turkana West County, targeting teachers, staff of some of the development partners, and community resource persons from Kenya (Turkana Region), North Uganda (Karamoja region) and South Sudan, the greater Kapoeta area. 70 (7 female) coaches/teachers have so far been trained in Team Up and have been implementing Team Up activities in schools and communities for the past four month.
KSDP MONITORING AND EVALUATION WORKSHOP 2014
Seeds of Peace Africa (SOPA) through Kenya Sports for Development Partnership (KSDP) program organized a review and planning workshop for the Directors/managers/coordinators of organizations under KSDP.
- LAKE KANYABOLI SPORTS DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
- KSDP SPORTS, HEALTH AND EDUCATION TRAINING
- The KNSDP Participatory Video Training in Kitale in July 2013.
- SOPA Students Exchange Programme A-STEP SM and O Programme report
- Report of H-WAY(A) Launch, Katakwa location, Teso North
- Toposa-Turkana Emergency Dialogue Meeting, Lodwar 2009
- Report on Capacity Building Workshop for Youth Warriors, Eldoret 2007
- Cross Border Peace and Sports Programme Document 2009 to 2011
- Cross Border Peace and Sports Programme Strategic Review and Planning Meeting
- Cross Border Peace and Sports Programme Strategic Deliberation Meeting on the Insecurities in the Oropoi Corridor
- Peace and Sports Training Sessions Summary Report- January to April 2007
- Cross Border Peace and Sports Programme Midterm Strategic Review Workshop
- Cross Border Peace and Sports Programme Midterm Review Meeting
- Cross Border Peace and Sports Programme Longterm Strategic Review and Planning Workshop
- Five years overview for Pastoral and development activities in Holy Trinity Peace Village Kuron from 2004 to 2009
- Cross Border Peace and Sports Programme Draft Evaluation Report
- Cross Border Peace Conference Report - Lokichoggio 2010
- Comprehensive Peace Agreement Alert
- A Warrior’s Domain in a Modern Era
- KNSDP End Year Report - 2010
- The pastoralists youth peace and sports conference, Kapoeta, South Sudan, 2008
- NGO development approaches - people owned processes report, Kakamega 2011
- Cross Border Meeting between Southern Sudan and Uganda, 29 April 2011
- Report on Dodoth Jie inter community dialogue and peace meeting